Amazing survivor 1990 VN Calais 5 litre V8 built 3rd February 1990 at the Adelaide plant. Factory 5.0L V8 auto with factory leather and the country pack option which includes the 85L long range fuel tank, front under car skid plate and heavy duty springs (build sheet included in the photos).
Bought new from Ron Poyser Holden in Bendigo, Victoria, the Calais was a special order according to the previous owner. The original elderly owner passed and the car was kept in the owner's shed for a number of years before being sold to a local who owned a Museum. The VN was on display there between 2015 and 2019.
The 3rd owner was looking for a good clean car to potentially modify, however he couldn't bring himself to modify the car's originality so he then sold it to the current owner.
The car has full log books, 2 sets of keys and remotes and full service history. The Calais has travelled 132,713 klms and has not been painted or restored in any way and is very much in the same condition as it was when it rolled off the production line 31 years ago.
The interior features the optional Howe leather trim which was an expensive optional extra for the day. The car also features factory freezing cold Air conditioning and the factory Eurovox quadrophonic sound system. All instrumentation works as does cruise control and the electric aerial. There is no wear showing anywhere - to the steering wheel, the driver's seat bolster and the carpets are all as new.
The car still features the original exhaust system. This would have to be the best un-restored VN Calais in the country.
Some standout features of the Calais are:
* The Spare wheel has never been on the car and still harbours the original tyre - you can tell this by the factory colour markings still being present on the tread
* The cigarette lighter and all ashtrays have never been used
* The centre rear seat belt according to previous owners apparently has never been unfurled since the day it left the factory
* The car has never been painted and all plastics, trims and carpets are in amazing condition
* The car has one minor blemish the original owner has touched up on the right hand rear part of the rear bumper
* The car has full service history from selling dealer Ron Poyser Holden
* All accessories, door locks, boot release and electric aerial work
Located SE Melbourne. Currently on full VIC registration. Original number plates are still fitted to the Calais. (AMCS Ref: 5780)
If you wish, AMCS will gladly arrange a video tour of the car using WhatsApp and of course there is no issue with door to door freight delivery anywhere in Australia or New Zealand. Also please note if you have a quality Muscle or Classic car you wish to list or have valued please give us a call at AMCS, we will be happy to assist you.